Top 10 Sermons: A Favorite Sermons List
I enjoy listening to sermons. Don’t you? It’s like a shortcut to Revelation. I feel like I’m sometimes cheating. Although I usually can get more revelation from meditating on a couple of verses then I can from two hours of sermons it still causes me a lot of growth. So, here is what I’ve been enjoying lately:
- Graham Cooke, as of right now I am listening to his Faith Series. There is a lot of his stuff available on Amazon (and many offered for free through Prime music). The amount of freedom that I feel after listening to Cooke is unlike any other pastor I listen to.
- Mike O’Connell series on Power of Words. This man is an undiscovered wealth of wisdom & revelation. The accent helps, but seriously he has a teaching anointing. You not only receive revelation, but also a strong handle on how to walk it out.
- Art Katz – An Israelite in Whom There is No Guile. Love this Jewish man. This message in particular is so relevant to our generation as social media is all about “guile”.
- Shane Willard-Life, Light, & Increase. This pastor studied under a messianic Jewish rabbi. His revelation because of this is like nothing you’ve ever heard. Amazing insights that are thrilling to the soul.
- John Maxwell- Failing Forward Not exactly a sermon, but this teaching took my breath away. I wish I had heard this a long time ago. Maxwell is a pastor that has resonated in the business world. All of his material is biblically-based and drawn, but it doesn’t sound like your usual Sunday morning. If you are more into reading than listening, you can buy a copy of Failing Forward cheap on Amazon.
- A Defense of Imprecatory Prayers – Robert Gonzales. Due to some pervading issues that a friend has had with wounded evil family attacking her, I have begun to research praying these strange prayers of David where He asks God to do things like break his enemies teeth. This was a great explanation.
- John Maxwell – How to Connect With People. Practical evangelism. Awesome 30 minute sermon on something we suck at. Seeing, and connecting with others. This book on this topic looks great.
- Katie Souza – Banking on the Glory Lady with a serious testimony and serious anointing. This series on finances is the best thing I’ve heard by her so far. She has a lot more material here and on YouTube. Her teaching on healing the soul is fresh.
- Mike Bickle – Deep Unto Deep . Old series, but so good.
- The Narcissist. A more specific issue, but this sermon speaks into the issue of narcissism, especially if you’ve suffered through the issue of a family member who is a narcissist.