24 Hour Fasting Tips & Resources
So we just completed our 24 Hour Fast on the Intermittent Fasting Women Page in Facebook. I wanted to give some 24 Hour Fasting tips and resources that I talked about during the 24 Hour Fasting updates.
As I said, if you tried the 24 Hour Fast for the first time and really liked it and want to incorporate 24 Hour Fasting into your Intermittent Fasting lifestyle. Here are some 24 Hour Fasting Resources that will help (Remember knowledge is power and will help you succeed in Intermittent Fasting. Especially with women. We succeed more when we know the “why” behind the “what”.):
***These post contain affiliate links. Because I flippin’ love Amazon & you support my habit by clicking and then buying something. C’mon you know you were gonna buy something anyway. Might as well help a sista out!***
1.The FastDiet – Revised & Updated: Lose Weight, Stay Healthy, and Live Longer with the Simple Secret of Intermittent Fasting
2. The FastDiet Cookbook: 150 Delicious, Calorie-Controlled Meals to Make Your Fasting Days Easy
3. Eat Stop Eat: Intermittent Fasting for Health and Weight Loss (English)
4. The Every-Other-Day Diet: The Diet That Lets You Eat All You Want (Half the Time) and Keep the Weight Off
5. 5:2 Fast Diet for Beginners: The Complete Book for Intermittent Fasting with Easy Recipes and Weight Loss Plans
24 Hour Fasting Tips
1. Don’t dwell on a food thought. Change your thought. The hardest part of discipline is the struggle between Yes and No. The human brain has a really hard time with anything in between. When you linger on a good thought “will I give in and eat that…or not?” When you struggle between, that area of indecision is actually painful. Just say No. And think about something else. Even if you have to say No to the thought OUT LOUD. (Just try to make sure no one is around. Lol)
2. Drink water. Like a crap ton of it. Whenever you feel very hungry or overwhelmed by craving, down a big glass of water.
3. Stay busy. Despite what you might think, you will have energy while fasting. So go out of the house. Run errands. Clean. Read a book. Do activities not associated with food and not near food.
4. Switch up your coffee routine. If you can’t drink your coffee black try green or black tea. It has antioxidants that will help your body detox. And will help you avoid the cream and sugar pitfall/struggle.
5. If you fall, don’t fail. Don’t give up if you give in to a temptation. Simply putting less into your digestive system will greatly decrease the load on your system so you will still have great benefits. Some of the resources I listed involve eating 500 calories on Fast day! So if you eat something and break fast, just move on and finish out the 24 hour fast.
6. Join US. …I’ve got a bunch more tips in my Intermittent Fasting Women group. So if you’re a woman and interested in IF, check them out there. It’s free. Just like the page. (And if you’re not. Well…sorry-we can’t all be perfect. 😂j/k)